Breasts! You couldn’t wait to get them! Then you were waiting for them to get bigger. As big as the popular girls in school. The ones all the boys noticed. It’s a fact, boys are obsessed with boobs. They are one of the major differences between the sexes.
Developing breasts is part of “blossoming into womanhood” in our culture.
Some of the Boob Benefits:
- They are useful for getting out of parking tickets.
- Sometimes, they can get you free drinks at the bar.
- They are a nice feature for attracting a mate. (Those little boys grow up, but do not outgrow the obsession.)
- Boobs, apparently, are also capable of selling just about anything since they are very prolific in advertising.
- Breasts are capable of providing sustenance to a newborn infant. How amazing is that?!
In our society, they are part of a woman’s identity, part of what makes you a woman. Because our society makes such a deal of “the twins”, it can be devastating to be told one or both will have to be removed. Breast Cancer is a terrifying diagnosis. Perhaps it runs in your family. Have you lost a sibling, mother, aunt, or grandmother to this grim reaper? Do you want to spare your own family from dealing with the ordeal of treatment? Early detection is the key to beating the odds.
Why Is It Important to Examine Your Breasts?
Interesting Fact: “Less than 1% of all breast cancers occur in men. In 2021, about 2,650 men are expected to be diagnosed with the disease, and an estimated 530 men are expected to die from breast cancer. For men, the lifetime risk of being diagnosed with breast cancer is about 1 in 833” (breastcancer.org). So men are not immune the cancer.
According to the National Breast Cancer Foundation, early detection increases the odds of survival by 99%. You were taught the self-exam method when you entered womanhood. You may or may not do this regularly. There are mammograms. If you’ve had one, you know how pleasant those are and how much you do NOT look forward to the next one. The problem with these detection methods is that they can only find cancer AFTER it has formed a tumor.
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if there was a relatively painless way to detect breast cancer before those lumps you are searching for appear? Science has developed a blood test that can detect potential cancer up to 5 YEARS earlier. Imagine the advantage 5 years would give you. Your doctor could come with a plan to deal with cancer before it ever got a foothold in your body. No debilitating chemo treatments, no hair loss, no unplanned breast reductions.
With a 5 year advantage over the enemy, you will make sure you are:
- There for your children’s high school and college graduations.
- At the wedding to see those children walk down the aisle with their chosen lifemate.
- Around to spoil and enjoy your grandchildren and pump them full of sugar right before returning them to their parents. (Payback time. 🙂
- Still around to watch those grandchildren grow into young, independent adults.
- There to hear your children admit that you were right about your parenting decisions from their childhood.
- Enjoying the retirement you have planned with your spouse.
Make sure you are here for all your future life plans. Make an appointment with IPE Screening today for a Breast Cancer Blood Test. A small needle prick instead of a vise grip. We have two tests to choose from: The CA 27-29 and the BRCA Gene tests. Do it for yourself, do it for your family. Call (417) 881-2522 Today to make your appointment. Give yourself peace of mind knowing you will be around for your family’s future.